SBYC BurgeeSandy Bay Yacht Club
Junior Sailing • Weather Center • Web Cam
 
Search for:

 



SBYC News - Also see Junior News


Annual Work Day Postponed

Due to a forecast of inclement weather, our annual volunteer work day, scheduled for Saturday, May 10, has been postponed to Saturday, May 17. Hopefully the weather will be better then!

read the full story...

Posted on May 8th, 2008 by Administrator in General News,House Committee


Work Day Postponed

Due to the projected horrendous weather forecast for this weekend, Work Day has been postponed until Saturday, May 20… hopefully it will stop raining by then!  If you know of someone who plans to volunteer time on Work Day, please pass this information along.

read the full story...

Posted on May 11th, 2006 by Administrator in House Committee


Updated SBYC Hurricane/Storm Policy

Thanks to the efforts of SBYC Fleet Captain, Jacob Fiumara, and Race Committee Chairman, Jim Lidington, SBYC has a newly revised Hurricane/Storm Policy. All boat owners are urged to read the policy.

read the full story...

Posted on February 27th, 2006 by Administrator in General News,House Committee


Thanks to Work Day Volunteers!

Work Day, May 2005 Although the weather was cloudy and cold with threatening rain, a lot was accomplished during our annual volunteer work day, held this year on May 14.

read the full story...

Posted on June 14th, 2005 by Administrator in House Committee


Club Now Ready for Boats

Thanks to the efforts of Ron and his crew (Dave O’Malley, Andrew Greely, and Gus Aprans) the club is fully recovered from last week’s storm and is ready to receive boats effective immediately. Great job, guys!

read the full story...

Posted on May 31st, 2005 by jim_lidington in General News,House Committee,Racing


UPDATE-Memorial Day Weekend

Updates as of Friday morning: – The skippers meeting scheduled for noon on Saturday will be held at the club as originally planned. The status of the racing schedule for the remainder of the weekend will be updated at the meeting. – General club readiness and access to moorings and the dock will also be updated [...]

read the full story...

Posted on May 27th, 2005 by jim_lidington in General News,House Committee,Racing,Social Committee


Nor’easter Pounds Cape Ann – Saturday’s Race Cancelled

A strong nor’easter has been pounding us for the last several days, and doesn’t seem to want to go away. Large waves, driving rain and northeast winds have been persistent, with consistent 30-40mph winds gusting to 50 mph. The club has sustained some damage to the docks, and the ramp had fallen off of the [...]

read the full story...

Posted on May 26th, 2005 by Administrator in General News,House Committee,Racing