The Scholarship Application Form for
the 2018 Junior Sailing Program is now available (see below). Fill out the form and return
it to us by March 15, 2018.
The Sandy Bay Yacht Club Sailing Program and Scholarship Fund, Inc. (SSP) offers a limited amount of scholarships to sailors who might otherwise be unable to afford participation in our sailing program.
This scholarship program has been established to provide an opportunity for qualified students who demonstrate an economic need to participate in the sport of sailing without discrimination in regards to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, and age.
The following guidelines apply to this scholarship program:
- SSP does not award 100% tuition scholarship.
- Requests for scholarship assistance need to be in writing and submitted to SSP in advance of the registration process for the Junior Sailing Program, at a date to be set by the SSP
- Dues are not included in the scholarship, as that is a fee which is payable to the Sandy Bay Yacht Club, a separate organization.
- The family statement of need will be kept strictly confidential.
- Limits on the total dollar amount awarded to one family will be determined by the SSP
Scholarship Committee and reviewed on an annual basis.
- The SSP Board of Directors shall determine the total amount of scholarship money available in any given year during the annual budget process.
- Scholarship applications will be reviewed by the SSP Scholarship Committee, who shall determine appropriate disbursements.
- Money awarded through scholarships in any fiscal year will be withdrawn from the Scholarship Fund and deposited into the Operating Account and recorded as tuition income in the same fiscal year.
- The goal of the SSP Scholarship Committee shall be to award scholarships to all
applicants who demonstrate an economic need.
We welcome donations to our Scholarship Fund! Your donation to our
Scholarship Fund will help us provide scholarships so that we don't turn anyone
away. Every contribution, no matter how small, helps keep children sailing!
Sandy Bay Yacht Club Sailing Program and Scholarship Fund Inc. is a 501(c)(3)
non-profit organization as determined by the IRS. All donations to this
organization are tax deductible to the extent provided by law.
2018 SBYC Junior Sailing Program