The Weather Station was installed at Sandy Bay Yacht Club on Friday, August 27, 2004. Through donations to our Sailing Program, the weather station is intended to provide educational benefits to students of our Sailing Program. In addition, we hope that Club members, the Rockport School (with many of its curriculums), commercial fishermen, potential visitors to Rockport, and the community in general will also find this both educational and beneficial.
Weather data is uploaded to our web server every minute, and lightning data is uploaded to our server every 5 minutes. Data is also being uploaded to Weather Underground every 5 minutes. Our Station Identifier there is KMAROCKP2.
SBYC Location: Latitude 42° 39' 31" north, Longitude 070° 36' 52" west - Elevation: approx. 30 feet
Rockport Weather Station operated by Bard Finlan - KMAROCKP1
Rockport Weather Station operated by Dave Clark on Clark Ave. - KMAROCKP3
The Weather Station equipment and peripherals were installed by Stephen Ouellette, Tom Pandolfi, Ron Petoff and Jeff Richards. Cameron Smith led the fund-raising efforts.
- Davis Wireless Vantage Pro Plus Weather Station
- Davis Wireless Water Temperature Station
- Ambient Weather Virtual Weather Station Software
- Boltek Storm Tracker Lightning Detection PCI Card
- Astrogenic NexStorm Lightning Detection Software
- StarDot Technologies NetCam Megapixel Web Camera